Swimming and learning to swim can be an enjoyable recreational activity. However, like many recreational activities, learning to swim carries with it the risk of physical injury.
By checking the box below you agree as follows:
We will continue to teach in the safest manner possible – teaching children to swim is an essential life skill and helps them become safer and stronger in the water, which will have both short term
and lifelong benefits.
As we resume swimming lessons with the easing of restrictions, we are only permitted to organise
lessons taught by staff who are fully vaccinated, and for children whose parents and carers are all
We would like to take this time to remind all staff and customers of the following points:
Where possible and practical we request that instructors access the pool area via the outside of a property - ie a side gate.
We remind all staff and families to review the below Covid policy.
Particular points of note include:
We also believe that the home environment is the ideal place to learn to swim.
Following is a guide to information and policies you will be required to adhere to relating to TTTT’s
Covid-19 Safe plan.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include but are not limited to:
- sore/scratchy throat and
- shortness of breath.
Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include
- loss of smell
- loss of taste
- runny nose
- muscle pain
- joint pain
- nausea/vomiting and
- loss of appetite
In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress.
Anyone with respiratory symptoms (such as cough, sore/scratchy throat or shortness of breath) or unexplained fever should be tested for COVID-19.
TTTT appreciates that there will be times when it is necessary to cancel a swimming lesson due to illness or inclement weather.
The temperature of water and air is an important factor in providing a suitable teaching environment and at all times the safety and interests of the student defines whether a lesson should be cancelled or shortened.
It is not a problem to teach in rain if the temperature is ok, particularly in mid summer. After all we do get wet swimming every week!
At the end of the day it is your prerogative to cancel a lesson for any reason, however, to ensure consistency and fairness for all clients and instructors, we would like to outline our cancellation policy below:
In the event of a cancellation for fair and reasonable reasons by you, with sufficient notice, TTTT will provide you with a make-up lesson (to a maximum of 3 weekly classes per term). This will be arranged at a time that suits both yourself and the instructor.
Where TTTT believe the weather in unsuitable for swimming, we will contact you to postpone a class. However, we do cover a broad range of areas and pool settings, so if we have not contacted you and you believe the weather/ temperature is unsuitable
to swim, please call our office on 0402 002 902. TTTT will never cancel a class without attempting to contact you, so please do not ever assume a class is cancelled if the weather is poor.
Should you wish to cancel a lesson at any time, please call 0402 002 902 to make a cancellation.
At Tanya’s Tadpoles we want children and young people who participate in our program to have a safe and happy experience. Please have a look at our recommendations to make the most from our service:
1. Check for correct chlorination, heating and water quality 24 hours before your class. (If your pool is unsuitable for swimming when our instructor arrives at your house, we can not offer a makeup lesson).
2. Prior to commencement of each lesson the pool and enclosed area is to be checked for safety. Potentially dangerous obstacles or spiders are to be removed from the water prior to the commencement of each lesson.
3. Parents should have children dressed appropriately and ready for swimming lessons prior to the arrival of the instructor to maximise teaching time.
4. Parents are always welcome to and are strongly encouraged to be present and watching their children’s lessons.
5. A parent or a supervising adult (over 18 years of age) must be at home during all classes in outdoor pools. At indoor pools, the responsible carer should be in the pool area all the time.
6. A parent or responsible adult must be present at the end of the class to enable handover of children at the conclusion of the lesson.
7. Only children taking part in a lesson are to be in the swimming pool during the lesson time, when possible. Instructors are only responsible for the registered children they have been allocated to teach.
8. Please ensure that other children and pets are not interfering in the lesson.
9. All children are to be instructed on the importance of water safety in and around a pool and adhering to the teacher’s instruction regarding this. Children not adhering to these instructions will be required to leave the pool until they are prepared to co-operate with these instructions.
10. In the case where more than one child is participating in a learn to swim class and each child receives individual attention the following requirements exist:
a) parental supervision in the pool area is required;
b) instructors are to keep a regular watch on swimmers waiting their turn;
c) swimmers waiting for their turn must sit on the top steps and not move off these steps
under any circumstances. This is to be made clear by both the instructor and parents.
11. No running within the pool area.
12. Diving or jumping into the pool is only to take place in the deep end of the pool under the instructor’s supervision and direct instruction.
13. Each pool is to display CPR signage and comply with council regulations in accordance with the Swimming Pools Act (1992).
14. A First Aid kit is to be readily available near the swimming pool.
15. In the case of a thunderstorm or any electrical activity, lessons are to be immediately suspended.
16. If you need to cancel a class, change days or times, or book a makeup lesson, please contact the office and not the instructor.
17. If you wish to give your instructor a present or gift with a value of over AU$50, please contact our office first. Instructors are not allowed to receive presents over this value without management permission.
18. We want to hear from you! Please contact office if you have any feedback about our instructors or concerns about any issues.
Got some questions? Please fill out this form and we will contact you shortly.